Wednesday 8 July 2015

New books!



These are my newest book;  books I ordered when I was going back to the US (first time in 17 years!) in June, to bring back in my suitcase.  Currently I am reading Leonardo de Chirico's A Christian's Pocket Guide to the Papacy. The pocket guides I bought from Westminster Bookstore (http://www.wtsbooks.com/ ) because they were on sale if you bought five, and I wanted Pastor de Chirico's book and then, well, it was a sale after all!   Others I bought (some from Amazon, too) because I had heard of them and thought they would be good, or because I spotted them and just wanted to read them.  The book on Mark I wanted because I am doing a study on Mark and thought it would be good to read more than just one commentary on it. 

Michael Horton's systematic theology went in my carry-on as I was afraid my suitcase was overloaded.  "That's a bit heavy," was a comment I heard if anyone lifted my carry-on.  "Yes, it is, rather," I replied with as innocent a face as I could muster.  

And of course I took books I already owned with me to the US as well, although I didn't read very many.  The Kindle came along too and I found it quite useful while on the plane.

2 comments:

  1. Fab. Haven't read that loves excelling one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol about the carry on! Looking forward to hearing about your reading :-))) great blog post. Xx

    ReplyDelete