Wednesday 8 July 2015

Welcome to my new blog

Hello and welcome to my new blog.   I decided to start one in order to provoke myself to reflect a bit more on what I read, and one of the best ways to reflect, for me, is in writing.  So I thought I would set down in a blog some of the thoughts I have while I read, or after I have read them.

I am in no way a professional, and this really is an exercise for my own self-improvement, but I hope that some of my friends will enjoy reading my posts and perhaps others, either friends or strangers, will want to pick up and read some of the books as well. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your book reviews and thoughts, Karen. I noticed you had one by John Bunyan. He's good reading, and Puritan Paperbacks is an excellent publisher. No fluff there, just solid Biblical truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he certainly is. I plan to re-read The Pilgrim's Progress, and before I went to the US I purchased A Holy War. So I have 3 of his I want to read in the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog Land! I'm really looking forward to reading your bposts. I think you've chosen a great idea for a blog and I'm sure you will have lots of people visiting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading your blog as you add book reviews and so forth.

    Is there some way of subscribing to the blog so I don't miss a post when you write one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I hope the blog will be beneficial. There is a way to follow blogs on blogspot, but I'm afraid I can't give you any advice about it, because I don't know how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to add the 'gadget' so we can click it or write our email address in it to get notifications. Blogger sends them out automatically once you have added the gadget.

      Delete
  6. I will try to do it... I am not very techy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I tried - please let me know if it's worked out.

    ReplyDelete